Re: 2.6.16-rc5-mm1

"Jesper Juhl" <[email protected]> writes:

> On 3/2/06, Jesper Juhl <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 3/1/06, Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Could people please test a couple more patchsets, see if we can isolate it?
>> >
>> > http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/2.6.16-rc5-mm1.1.gz
>> >

>> Haven't had time to test this one yet, and won't have time until tomorrow :(
>>

> I just tested this kernel and it builds and runs just fine. Can't
> crash it with my eclipse test case.
>

>> > and http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/2.6.16-rc5-mm1.2.gz is
>>
>> I've tested this one and I can't crash it with eclipse like I could
>> plain old 2.6.16-rc5-mm1
>>

> With all the recent patches and proposed patches and discussions about
> various approaches to fix this I've lost track.
>
> What kernel with what patches applied and/or reverted would it make
> the most sense for me to test now, in order to provide the most useful
> testing?

So it looks like we have this tracked and fixed.  Andrew included my
fix in:
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/2.6.16-rc5-mm2-pre1.gz

So just confirming that the fixed actually worked would probably be
the biggest help.

The problem should be fixed unless there is something else that
triggers the horrible and mysterious kernel death.  So you are
getting the same results as everyone else.

Eric