Re: [RFC] vfs: cleanup of permission()

[email protected] wrote:
As external module, you have little say so far simply because your usage
isn't visible. I'd urge you to quickly submit your code so that the
things you need from this are better visible to the people who are
thinking and working on the redesign.
I know all that, but it is a complicated matter to discuss. That's why I was planning to make a comprehensive announcement which would discuss most of the hot topics. Ideally yes, I would like to merge, but it won't happen now. The first thing I would like to do is establish common ground with other security vendors so that we could approach the problem together. Personaly, I am not sure whether insisting that everything should be a part of kernel is a right thing to do even though I think I understand all the up- and down-sides of both policies.

Having said all this above, I am afraid that there will be no other choice but to start working on the announcement asap. :)

Perhaps you can put up the work in progress on a git repository somewhere?

Sam.