Re: [RFC] vfs: cleanup of permission()

> And finally, please don't remove nameidata. Modules out there depend on it

are those modules about to merged into the kernel? The current intent
infrastructure isn't fulfilling what it should do well, and from what
I've seen on the discussions it sounds that the best way forward is to
undo the current implementation and then roll out one which caters to
the needs of the existing users better.

As external module, you have little say so far simply because your usage
isn't visible. I'd urge you to quickly submit your code so that the
things you need from this are better visible to the people who are
thinking and working on the redesign.

> and we at Sophos are about to release a new product which needs it as
> well.

I assume we're talking about an open source product, or at least kernel
component, here?