Re: kernel BUG at fs/locks.c:1932!

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 13:27 -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 16:15 +0100, Fermin Molina wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I run samba sharing NFS mounted shares from another machine. I'm getting
> > the following bugs in console (and in logs), when I stop samba (but not
> > always, I think it depends of stalled locks):
> >
> > lockd: unexpected unlock status: 7
> > lockd: unexpected unlock status: 7
> > lockd: unexpected unlock status: 7
> > ------------[ cut here ]------------
>
> Hmm... The problem here is that the server is returning an unexpected
> error: it is normally supposed to return "lock granted" or "grace
> error", but is actually returning "stale filehandle".
>
> Anyhow, the client should be able to deal with this without Oopsing.
>
> The attached patch ought to fix that. Please could you give it a try?

Sorry for the delay. I cannot try the patch in this moment, because my
server is in production. I will try the patch next days, but I think I
cannot reproduce the error, because I made "local" some data mounted
with NFS.

In samba list, some people that have data mounted with NFS are getting
similar problems. I will let they know about this patch.

Thanks a lot,

--
Fermin Molina Ibarz
Tècnic sistemes - ASIC