Re: Drastic Slowdown of 'fseek()' Calls From 2.4 to 2.6 -- VMM Change?

Andrew Morton wrote:

>runs like a dog on 2.6's reiserfs.  libc is doing a (probably) 128k read
>on every fseek.
>
>- There may be a libc stdio function which allows you to tune this
>  behaviour.
>
>- libc should probably be a bit more defensive about this anyway -
>  plainly the filesystem is being silly.

I really thank you for isolating the problem, but I don't see how you
can do other than blame glibc for this.  The recommended IO size is only
relevant to uncached data, and glibc is using it regardless of whether
or not it is cached or uncached.   Do I misunderstand something myself here?