Re: Areca RAID driver remaining items?

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 07:27:33PM +0800, erich wrote:
> Dear Christoph Hellwig,
>
> Do you have any comments with arcmsr SATA RAID driver on sysfs attribute?
> There were four types of function template completed in linux.
> iscsi_function_template
> sas_function_template
> spi_function_template
> fc_function_template
> Do you have opintion with "arcmsr_transport_functions" ?
> and Which function templete does "arcmsr" belong to?

The transport really refers to the physical cabling.  iSCSI is
SCSI-over-IP, SAS is Serial Attached SCSI, SPI is Parallel SCSI and FC
is Fibre Channel.  It seems to me from your website that you're
using SATA-II drives, so you'll want to look at the SAS template for
exposing cabling details.

You missed one useful class though, the raid_function_template, which
you almost certainly want to use.  See drivers/scsi/raid_class.c and
include/linux/raid_class.h.  It's early days for the RAID class, so you
may wish to extend it to meet your needs.

James, I presume it's been mis-placed for convenience and it'll move to
block/ or drivers/block/ at some point?