Re: GFS2 Filesystem [0/16]

Steven Whitehouse <[email protected]> wrote:

> The following 16 patches make up the GFS2 filesystem as contained in the
> git tree at:
>
> http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/steve/gfs2-2.6.git;a=summary
>
> Please consider GFS2 for inclusion in your -mm series of kernel patches.

Once the various review comments are sorted out I'd prefer that both DLM
and GFS be maintained by you in your git tree (like OCFS2 prior to and
after merge).

That's the most convenient thing for both you and me.  It has the downside
that putting things into git trees tends to hide them from view.  And GFS
needs a lot of viewing before it can proceed further.  That's an ongoing
problem with the git trees.

So, in a way, maintaining DLM and GFS in git trees as I suggest is likely
to retard an upstream merge.   But it would be more convenient.

Helpful, aren't I?