Re: Red Hat ES4 GPL Issues?

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

But anyway, what has this thread to do with the kernel?

since when does something need to be on-topic for Jeff Merkey to post to
lkml ? ;-)

I got the RPM's and located them from an earlier responder to the post. It was just disturbing that RedHat does ont include the sources when you install from binary -- which they always have before. Thought I would ask folks since this is where people raise GPL inquiries (at least as a first step), and it appeared to be the right place becuase the issue was resolved within 5 minutes of the post. I do kernel development in a company that supports Linux and ships Linux appliances and I have a lot of significant and valuable kernel development, so kernel development issues,
like "Where the hell have they hidden Linus' source code" are relevant.

I am glad Red Hat is still distributing the code, but I am disappointed they are no longer
including it in the base RPM install.

Jeff