Re: The issues for agreeing on a virtualization/namespaces implementation.

as does Linux-VServer currently, but do you have
any proof that putting all the fields together in
one big structure actually has any (dis)advantage
over separate structures?
have no proof and don't mind if there are many pointers. Though this doesn't look helpful to me as well.

mmm, how do you plan to pass additional flags to clone()?
e.g. strong or weak isolation of pids?
do you really have to pass them at clone() time?
would shortly after be more than enough?
what if you want to change those properties later?
I don't think it is always suiatable to do configuration later.
We had races in OpenVZ on VPS create/stop against exec/enter etc. (even introduced flag is_running). So I have some experience to believe it will be painfull place.

this syscalls will start handling this new namespace and that's all.
this is not different from many syscalls approach.
well, let's defer the 'how amny syscalls' issue to
a later time, when we know what we want to implement :)
agreed.

Kirill