Re: No sound from SB live!

On Sunday 19 February 2006 19:29, Lee Revell wrote:

> > And now the confusing bit.  If I run alsamixer but DO NOT DO ANYTHING,
> > exit, then issue 'alsactl store', then 'alsactl restore' works again
> > OK - until next reboot...
>
> Sounds like you have 2 different alsactls installed.  The ALSA default
> one saves the mixer state in /etc/asound.state but lots of distros hack
> it up to save the state somewhere under /var.
>
> Use "alsactl -f" to force a restore of mixer state even if the mixer
> controls have changed (distros should do this by default but don't).

Lee,

Everybody here keeps saying that to me - I _don't_ have two alsactl's, I
_don't_ have 2 asound.states (or more/any other alsactl files).

My base is Slackware 10 - a pretty clean distro.

Tonight my MIC is not working again from a reboot, and I can't get it going
like I did before (??)...

Every reboot 'alsactl restore' breaks on one control or another now.

You mean -F too?  I don't understand why I should have to use --force.

It's a mystery?

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb