How to find the CPU usage of a process

Hi,

I'm a research student, working on self-organizing
grids.
I wanted to ask how can I find the cpu usage of a
process, as opposed to runtime, with cpu usage I mean
actually how many time slices were awarded to a
specific process, like the runtime of job may be 4 s,
but this also includes time it was suspended by some
interrupt, or had to wait for the scheduler etc..

Thanks in advance

Irfan Habib