Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:41:58 +0100
Joerg Schilling <[email protected]> wrote:

> In 1997, I did cleanly write dowen what exact features are missing to allow
> Linux to be used to _develop_ SCSI user space programs. I did even send a patch
> for sg.c to the Linux folks. This patch extends the sg SCSI Generic interface
> in a source AND binary, up AND downwards compatible way.
>
> This patch has been rejected for unknown reasons and the fact that the source
> code fond in official Linux release has been changed in an incompatible way, it
> is impossible to apply it now.

Shock!  1997 patch no longer applies cleanly in 2006!  Alert the media!

Seriously though, this is exactly why I think Linux should start accepting
patches from crazy people without question or review.   It's much easier to
deal with whatever cruft is applied by the patch than it is to endure the
multi year manic tirades of such individuals who have their egos bruised as
a result of rejection.

Sean