Issue in using more number of devices with BFS setup in AS4

Hi All,

We have a Boot from SCSI setup and we are facing some problem. Problem
description is given below

System configuration: -
OS: AS4 UPDATE 1  [2.6.9-11.ELsmp]
Memory:  1 GB
QLA2310 Driver Info: Driver version 8.00.00b21-k, Firmware version 3.03.02
IPX
Setup: Boot From SCSI

Scenario 1:
Devices: 1024 SCSI devices
Utility gives the problem: /sbin/hotplug
Observation: udev process hangs and after some time kernel panic occurs.

Scenario 2:
Devices: 512
Utility:/sbin/hotplug
Observation: Boot from San success.

Scenario 3:
Devices: 1024
Utility: /sbin/udevsend
Observation: Boot from San success

Can any one answer the following queries: -

    1. Are 512, the maximum number of devices that can be supported in Boot
from San in AS4 with hotplug agent?
    2. If not what is the hardware requirement for more devices to be
supported or how it can be rectified?
    3. Can we use utility /sbin/udevsend instead of /sbin/hotplug. Will it
impact any other process or devices?
    4. Is /sbin/udevsend and /sbin/hotplug similar in functionality.

Thanks & Regards,
Srikanth Venkataraman.

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at [email protected] and delete this mail.