Re: readahead logic and I/O errors

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 22:35, Michael Tokarev wrote:

> after FIRST I/O error, linux continued trying reading-ahead,
> discovering more and more failed blocks, as dmesg said.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but on another note, is there
anyway to tell linux to tell the drive to not bother retrying
read errors? Would be perfect for streaming video from a
CD or DVD. Usually video players have excellent error
recovery themselves, which probably looks better on the
screen than the movie coming to a grinding halt due to
the retries.

I remember this being discussed quite some time ago,
but I don't remember if anything came out of it?