Re: Additional questions on your hang

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 01:54:11PM -0600, Dave Kleikamp wrote:
> I wasn't able to trace it to an exact line of code, but I think I see
> what the problem is.
>
> This patch moves the copy_to_user from smb_read_data after the test
> whether smb_read_data is null.  It's good not to dereference a pointer
> if you have a reason to test it for null afterward.
>
> This patch has not been compiled or tested.

Thanks, this patch works fine for me and after disassembling it seems
you've found exactly the place where the kernel Oops'ed for me in the
forcedirectio case.

But even with this patch applied, I had a freeze in the
non-forcedirectio case, although much later than usual.
There seems to be more than one bug.  :-(

I'm currently trying whether there are still any problems in the
forcedirectio case, and I'll report back as soon as I am able to provide
any additional information.

> David Kleikamp

cu
Adrian