Re: Random reboots

Hi Ryan,

On 2006-02-15, Ryan Richter wrote:
> The sensors report a bunch of obvious nonsesne as always...  I keep them
> configured in with the hope that one day they'll report useful
> information, but that day hasn't come yet.  I just checked, and all the
> fans are still fine.  It's in a huge case with lots of fans and it's
> hardly warmer than room temp.  The opteron 240s don't put out much heat.

The sensors might just need some board-specific configuration. May I ask
which motherboard this is?

I may help you (in private) setup your sensors. If you're interested,
send the output of "sensors-detect" and "sensors" to me and I'll
see what can be done to improve the reported values.

Two more random thoughts:

Any reason why you run 2.6.15 rather than 2.6.15.4? That's where I would
start if I was suspecting a kernel bug.

Did you already update the BIOS to the latest version available? There
are a few kernel complaints in your dmesg which might be solved by a
newer BIOS (and/or parameter changes in the BIOS setup).

--
Jean Delvare