Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

On Monday 13 February 2006 09:33, Joerg Schilling wrote:
<snip>
> > >     My system is clueless, too! If I write a CD before plugging my
> > > USB storage device, my CD writer is on 0,0,0. If I plug my USB
> > > storage device *before* doing any access, my cdwriter is on 1,0,0.
> > > Pretty stable.
> >
> > Had exactly the same problem with firewire and usb devices, depending on
> > the order of the loading of the kernel modules it all changes!
>
> This is a deficite of the Linux kernel model. You don't have similar
> problems on Solaris.

Joerg, there is no doubt that you are a talented programmer, but you seem
lacking in some social graces. I don't believe I am alone in finding it
personally offensive that you insist on preaching about how wonderful Solaris
is on a mailing list dedicated to another operating system.

I am asking nicely this one time, but will you please stop preaching about how
great Solaris is?

DRH