Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 02:03:30PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> "D. Hazelton" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > And does cdrecord even need libscg anymore? From having actually gone through
> > your code, Joerg, I can tell you that it does serve a larger purpose. But at
> > this point I have to ask - besides cdrecord and a few other _COMPACT_ _DISC_
> > writing programs, does _ANYONE_ use libscg? Is it ever used to access any
> > other devices that are either SCSI or use a SCSI command protocol (like
> > ATAPI)?  My point there is that you have a wonderful library, but despite
> > your wishes, there is no proof that it is ever used for anything except
> > writing/ripping CD's.
>
> Name a single program (not using libscg) that implements user space SCSI and runs
> on as many platforms as cdrecord/libscg does.

Isnt this like saying why do we need windows server software when we
have Novell running most of the worlds server and again why do we need
linux when we have Microsoft running a majourity of the worlds servers.

Why cause we evolve we try to make things better, natural evolution