Re: [BUG GIT] Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address e1380288

On Saturday 11 February 2006 22:10, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Doug McNaught <[email protected]> wrote:
> > You have no idea what might have happened a second ago, or a minute
> > ago, or five minutes ago.  Corrupted memory is like a
> > time-bomb--things don't always break right away.
> >

> Probability this bug was caused by the nvidia module: 0.1%
> Probability this bug was caused by USB or SCSI: 99.9%
>
> SCSI and USB device management remain quite buggy and we need all the help
> we can get in finding and fixing these problems.

I once had a PCI probe function OOPS with the nvidia module loaded. Previous
run was alright, and rebooting with exact same setup worked the next time and
never failed again for the time I was using the nvidia module on that
computer.

I can't be positive that it was the nvidia module, but the probability of it
having to do with it is quite high. It at least triggered something.

   cmn
--
Carlos Martín Nieto    |   http://www.cmartin.tk
Hobbyist programmer    |