Re: CD-blanking leads to machine freeze with current -git [was: Re: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]]

Marc Koschewski wrote:
I just tried blanking a CD-RW with the latest -git tree. The machine just became
unresponsive and then froze. When it became unresponsive the clock in GNOME still
displayed the current time but I could not focus any windows anymore. Then I had
to hard reboot the machine. The logs say nothing. I repeat: nothing.

Does anyone have similar problems?

Instead of rebooting, just wait for the blanking to finish. My guess is that your burner and hard drive are both on the same ide channel, and so you can not access the disk while the burner is blanking. If this is the case, put each drive on their own ide channel.