Re: + fork-allow-init-to-become-a-session-leader.patch added to -mm tree

Christoph Lameter <[email protected]> writes:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 [email protected] wrote:
>
>> +			if (unlikely(p->pid == 1)) {
>> +				p->signal->tty = NULL;
>> +				p->signal->leader = 1;
>> +				p->signal->pgrp = 1;
>> +				p->signal->session = 1;
>
> Would it not be better to do these special settings for init from
> init itself?

So if you mean from within the kernel context that is doable,
so long as we only have one process with pid == 1.

Although we may be able fix the kernel limitations in setsid().

For multiple pid == 1 case I don't know of another place in
the kernel I can possibly put this.  I can't put it later
because there is no place later, and I can't put it earlier
or else my efforts would just get stomped.

So I did it this way so I don't have to come back and change it to
this next week.  I'd love to have a better place to put this
code.

Eric