Re: libata pata atapi errors

Alan Cox wrote:

On Maw, 2006-02-07 at 21:14 -0500, Ed Sweetman wrote:
Assertion failed! qc->n_elem > 0,drivers/scsi/libata-core.c,ata_fill_sg,line=2586
  (repeated many times)

Jeff was looking at some core bugs in this area. Its one of the ones I
can I think safely disclaim responsibility for (that and the fact that a
timeout of a command early on in 2.6.16-rc causes an oops)

Alan

Well, I was able to eventually recover the drive so that it responds without any errors and functions correctly. Though, writing seems to be pretty much out of service. Whenever i try writing anymore (haven't rebooted yet since the last errors) all it does is make a strange noise like the lens motor is trying to seek beyond it's limits and then I get the same series of errors that i originally got. If it helps any, I had to run a sg_sync on the drive to eventually get it back into a workable state. Maybe it's having some sort of buffer problem that's not being internally flushed or cleared ? I dont know.