Re: Which is simpler? (Was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.)

Hi,

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 00:17, Nigel Cunningham wrote:
}-- snip --{

> It occured to me as soon as I sent the last email (don't you hate that!)
> that I'd forgotten the original impetus: backwards compatibility. If all
> of the methods of suspending can be started with
>
> "echo disk > /sys/power/state"
>
> , your backwards compatability issue that you expressed concern about
> earlier in this discussion is addressed. So, I'm not sure that dropping the
> idea is the right thing to do.

I'm not sure if the problem is real.  If it turns out to be, it'll be solvable
in a couple of sane ways, so I don't think we need to worry about it
in advance.

I'd like the userland suspend to be an option and not a drop-in replacement
of swsusp or suspend2, so IMO it can be started in a different way.

Greetings,
Rafael