Re: [rfc][patch] sched: remove smpnice

I think that the problems with excessive idling with the early versions of my modifications to Con's patch showed that the load balancing code is fairly sensitive to the average load per normal task not being approximately 1. My latest patches restore this state of affairs and kernbench testing indicates that the excessive idling has gone away (see Martin J Bligh's message of 2006/01/29 11:52 "Re: -mm seems significantly slower than mainline on kernbench thread").

I *think* the latest slowdown in -mm was due to some TSC side effects from John's patches - see his other patch earlier today to fix (oops,
I forgot to reply to that ..)

So AFAICS, all issues with Peter's stuff were fixed.