RE: [linux-usb-devel] Re: ATI RS480-based motherboard: stuck while booting with kernel >= 2.6.15 rc1

Hi Dave,

  As far as I recall, some BIOSes can be stuck at handoff forever
waiting for SMI if this is not enabled. No doubt BIOS bug, and seems
like work around brakes some other systems, grrr...

>Even in cases when the boot firmware says it's not using EHCI ...
  That's what I do not understand. SOOE is enabled only if BIOS ownes
EHCI - check for ECHI_USBLEGSUP_BIOS in previous 'if' statement. Am I
missing something ?

Thanks,
Aleks.