Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Out of curiosity, what commands does hal send the drive that can interrupt burning? I've been reading the MMC-5 standard lately and it looks like while the drive is burning, attempts to send it other commands that would interfere with the burn are supposed to be failed with an error code indicating that a burn is in progress, and thus, avoid making a coaster.
Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
Jan Engelhardt <[email protected]> writes:

But that again sounds like hald won't use O_EXCL, therefore could always be able to open the device and potentially send commands which interrupt cd writing.

Yep. Both need that. And I need some coffee to recover from
non-logical thinking.