Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: [ 00/10] [Suspend2] Modules support.

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 12:54 +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

> Well, unfortunately this is one of the problems I cannot solve.  This should
> really be reported to LKML as the ATI AGP driver problem or directly to the
> developers of this particular driver.  I can submit a bug report based on
> the inormation from you, though.
>
> [swsusp uses whatever is in the drivers, so driver problems need to be
> fixed by their developers.]

This is exactly the point that I'm trying to make (and Nigel hinted
something along these lines). These problems have obviously been solved
in suspend2 (and I've got a machine to show it). Solutions are right
there. But for some reason, we are back to the drawing board.

I suggest you guys ask Nigel as to what he changed to make this work. I
don't think he just put the code there at random.

Look, I know I'm going to get blamed here for all kinds of things, from
starting a flame war to being incompetent because I'm not a kernel
hacker. That's cool. All I know is that somehow, somewhere, there are
chunks of code in suspend2 that make things work. If I didn't know
better, I would say it must be by magic :-)

--
Bojan