RE: FYI: RAID5 unusably unstable through 2.6.14

Some of the drive manufacturers have tools that will read out
"log" files from the disks, and these log files include stuff
such as how many bad block errors where returned to the host
over the life of the disk.

You would need a decent contatct with the disk manufacturer, and
you might be able to get them to tell you, maybe.

                         Roger