Stale NFS File Handle

Good morning all (kind of a long winded mail, please have patience!)

I've got an FC3 server running a 2.6.9 kernel and sharing about 500GB of
disk space on a RAID5 array via NFS.  This box has been running fine for
over a year now but in the last three weeks or so I'm seeing a ton of
Stale NFS File Handle errors; especially in my overnight builds.

Most of my clients are FC3 and a couple of Solaris boxes running a stock
configuration.  All we're doing is serving up NFS and compiling with
GCC.  We're seeing this error more and more and the harder I try to
track it down, the more we're seeing it (ok, maybe that's my
imagination).

I'm guessing that the problem has to be somewhere in the FC3 server
because I've still got some Solaris NFS servers that have been running
for years with no problems.

What should I be looking for in tracking this error down?  Should I
upgrade my kernel?  Should I throw away FC3 and go to Enterprise Linux?
I'm at the end of my rope here because this is now causing a major set
back to our development team!

Please help!

-brian

Brian D. McGrew { [email protected] || [email protected] }
--
> Those of you who think you know it all,
  really annoy those of us who do!