Re: calling bios interrupt

On 2/2/06, Jozef Kutej <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Can someone help me solve my problem with on board watch dog timer that
> need to call bios interrupt? Here's how to update watch dog timer.
>
> mov ax,6f02h
> mov bl, 30      ;number of seconds
> int 15h
>
> How can i do this in kernel so that i can write wdt driver?
>
> Thank you.
CMIIW, is it not that for using BIOS interrupt one has to do the same
by entering in real mode or else real mode interrupt handler, would be
replaced with an appropriate exception handler by Linux.
check this : http://www.mega-tokyo.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=8997;start=0#msg77808

like when i try to use int 10h in one of my kernel modules and try to
insert it with insmod i get Floating Point Exception.

And one has to use vm86() system call and save the register context as
given in below url to achieve the results.
http://x86.ddj.com/articles/pmbasics/tspec_a1_doc.htm