Re: [OT] 8-port AHCI SATA Controller?

Joshua Kugler wrote:
On Tuesday 31 January 2006 02:53, Sander wrote:

Hello,

I'm looking for an 8-port SATA controller based on the AHCI chipset, as
according to http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html#vendor_support
this chipset is completely open.

I've searched the websides of the companies which according to
http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html#ahci base some of their
products on this chipset, but I couldn't find an 8-port controller.

I've also googled, but without success, hence this somewhat offtopic
message. Although I hope the response helps others in their quest.

The question: does an 8-port AHCI based SATA controller exist? And if,
where can I find it? 12, 16 or 24 ports will do too. I don't need HW
raid, just JBOD.

I've run some tests with this card under Linux and done pretty well:

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/DAC-SATA-MV8.cfm

They also have a 3.0Gb version.

Not sure if that is AHCI, but it is eight port.

I got the drivers here:

http://www.keffective.com/mvsata/FC3/

The latest was mvSata_Linux_3.6.1.tgz as of 2005-10-13.

Hope that helps.

I get a "you do not have permission" using that link, for what it's worth.

--
   -bill davidsen ([email protected])