RE: [OT] 8-port AHCI SATA Controller?

Something important to note, if you need to use highpoints binary
driver (ie the one in the kernel is not quite working yet) - then you
will need to run a 2.6.13 or earlier kernel, their driver has some
issue with 2.6.14+ they are working on it.

I believe this also holds true of the Marvell drivers also, highpoints
driver is (from what I can tell) a modified Marvell driver with their
binary software raid support added on, so the Marvell driver *may* also
have an issue with the later kernels.

                            Roger