Re: i386 requires x86_64?

On Tue, 2006-01-31 at 09:54 +0100, Jesper Juhl wrote:
> On 1/31/06, L. A. Walsh <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Generating a new kernel and wanted to delete the unrelated architectures.
> >

> Why bother deleting parts of the code?
> The kernel you build will only contain code for the architecture you
> build for anyway. Sure, the extra source takes up a little space on
> disk but if that bothers you you could just delete (or tar+bzip2) the
> entire source tree after you build and install your new kernel.

I still have 1G boxes (and even an 800Meg) HD boxes that I sometimes
develop on.  And these things are not very fast either, so doing the tar
bzip2 is also slow.  So I have deleted not only archs, but drivers that
I don't need to work on these and to keep the code there.

Now, I mainly do the development on a bigger and faster machine, and
only do the make install via nfs. But that wasn't always an option.

-- Steve