Re: pthread_mutex_unlock (was Re: sched_yield() makes OpenLDAP slow)

David Schwartz wrote:
	After collecting other opinions from comp.programming.threads, and being
unable to find other people who considered it reasonable, I've changed my
opinion. I was far too generous and deferential before.

David, you specifically have been faced with this question before:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/browse_frm/thread/2184ba84f911d9dd/a6e4f7cf13bbec2d#a6e4f7cf13bbec2d
and you didn't dispute the interpretation then. The wording for pthread_mutex_unlock hasn't changed between 2001 and now.

And here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/msg/89cc5d600e34e88a?hl=en&;

If those statements were incorrect, I have a feeling someone would have corrected them at the time. Certainly you can attest to that.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.programming.threads/msg/d5b2231ca57bb102?hl=en&;

Clearly at this point there's nothing to be gained from pursuing this any further. The 2.6 kernel has been out for too long; if it were to be "fixed" again it would just make life ugly for another group of people, and I don't want to write the autoconf tests to detect the flavor-of-the-week. We've wasted enough time arguing futilely over it, I'll stop.

--
 -- Howard Chu