re: patching arm-linux 2.4.18 on sharp zaurus sl-5500

Hello,

Apologies in advance if this is appearing on an inappropriate list!

We are a group of researchers at University of Pittbsurgh trying to
implement an ad-hoc routing protocol on the Sharp Zaurus 5500 pda.  Our
network is running the following environment:
      -arm-linux kernel 2.4.18-pxa3-embedix-021129
      -OpenZaurus 3.5.1

The protocol has been implemented on laptops already, running normal Linux
OS.  Now we want to port it to embedix for the PDA's but we are having
some trouble.

In order to begin our implementation on the PDA's, we need to make use of Linux real-time timers. These are part of the POSIX.1b standard, and are
supposedly present already in the 2.4 kernel.  However, they do not seem
to be present in 2.4.18 embedix kernel.  Does anyone know of a patch or
module that we can apply to this kernel so we can take advantage of these
timers?

We also need to leverage the Netfilter portion of the kernel.  Again,
netfilter should be part of the 2.4 kernel.  There does appear to be an
"kernel-module-ip-tables"  installed, but there is no iptables binary in
the userspace.  Does anyone know how we can get hold of iptables for
arm-linux?

thanks very much!

--Lorne