RE: USB host pci-quirks

  Yes, there is. USB handoff is necessary even if USB support is
disabled completely in kernel. In fact, initially early usb handoff code
was under pci, but since USB drivers do handoff anyway, it was decided
to move everything into usb with a goal of merging them together.
  Just search for USB handoff in kernel archives.

Thanks,
Aleks.