Re: [RFC] VM: I have a dream...

>> Opera is probably the best browser when it comes to "features per byte
>> of memory used"
>
>Really?  If I'm making use it, maybe visiting a few hundred pages a
>day, and opening 20 tabs, I find I have to kill it every few days, to
>reclaim the memory it's hogging, when its resident size exceeds my RAM
>size and it starts chugging.

That matches my experience, though it does crash enough on its own that I
often don't have to kill it.  I also use an rlimit (64MiB) to make the
system kill it automatically before it gets too big, and an automatic
restarter.  Opera is, thankfully, very good at bouncing back to exactly
where it was when it died (minus the leaked memory).

But allowing for that extra operational procedure, I'd still say it has
the most features per byte, and if you don't count ability to work with
certain websites as a feature, I think it probably has the most features
absolutely as well.