Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-01-26:

> Matthias Andree <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-01-25:

> > > We could continue as long as people like Jens Axboe stay reasonable.
> >
> > No. The deal was people stating their requirements, not mounting
> > personal attacks against others. I posted the same question (what's
>
> This is why we needed to omit Jens Axboe from this discusion.

Hold it! Who is acquainted with Linux 2.6.15-rc*, Jens or you?

This childish discussion who started bitching isn't going to take you anywhere.

> Tell me how to access a ATAPI tape drive via libscg.

It is *your* library, I have no interest in it as long as CD writing
works at the moment. Either do your research or ask the public, I'm not
going to answer or research this for you.

It is not helpful that you are (1) talking about ATAPI tapes under the
CD subject and (2) claim you know better than Linux (or Jens, for that
matter) if you haven't researched this.

If you want to talk about libscg's access methods to all kinds of
devices besides CD/DVD, start a new discussion please.

And it is about time that you stopped spamming people who explicitly
stated "No Cc:" such as Jens Axboe and Lee Revell.
Not minding these requests is rude.

--
Matthias Andree