IRQ problems??

I am working with an HP Pavilion a1210n the mother board is
an ASUS A8AE-LE, which has an ATI IXP SB440 and a Realtek
ethernet controller. The processor is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+.
The USB controllers will not function unless ACPI is enabled
in the kernel.
If ACPI is enabled in the kernel the realtek ethernet is not
usable. If I do a ping to a working device on the same net,
I can see ARP requests going out and replies coming back.
However I get "host unreachable" error messages.
When looking at the interrupts in each case it appears to me
that there is an IRQ assignment problem. (my guess is the
Realtek driver) or is there something I am doing wrong??
Below are the contents of /proc/interrupts:

With ACPI set:
         CPU0
  0:     135197          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        315          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:          8          XT-PIC  eth1
  7:          0          XT-PIC  parport0
  9:          3          XT-PIC  acpi
11: 208 XT-PIC libata, ehci_hcd:usb1, ohci_hcd:usb2, ohci_hcd:usb3, eth0
 12:       5202          XT-PIC  i8042
 15:       4451          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

 	CPU0
  0:      37706          XT-PIC  timer
  1:        225          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:          8          XT-PIC  eth1
 10:          6          XT-PIC  eth0
 11:          2          XT-PIC  libata
 12:        110          XT-PIC  i8042
 15:       4398          XT-PIC  ide1
NMI:          0
ERR:          0

With ACPI not set:

If there is something I am doing wrong, please let me know!!

Thanks
Warren Steffen
[email protected]