Re: Can you specify a local IP or Interface to be used on a per NFS mount basis?

Peter Staubach wrote:

These changes are very IPv4 specific. Perhaps they could be constructed in a bit more IP version agnostic fashion? IPv6 is coming as well as other transport
choices, not all of whose addresses will fit into 32 bits.

Sure..it'd be best to pass in a generic structure that can hold
ipv4 or v6 address and port.  But, I have no setup to test ipv6,
don't need to specify the port, and this patch can't go in anyway
because Trond doesn't want to change the binary structure....

If we go to a text base API, could just pass it in as "IP:port"
and let the kernel parsing logic decide if it's IPv4, v6 or something
else...  Of course, it sure is nice to leave all the parsing logic
in user-space, but then you're back to a binary API...

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>