Re: Re: [Alsa-devel] RFC: OSS driver removal, a slightly different

This is same problem as with emu10k1

4 chanels are splited to front and rear alsa devices and there is virtual 4 channel device implemented using alsa-libs plugins in user space.
Alsa applications uses this virtual device when plaing 4 channel sound. Alsa-oss kernel emulation doesn't know about this and uses alsa hw devices directly, but only as separated devices (front and rear).

You can try to use aoss (I not tested this).

Peter Zubaj

Aktivujte si neobmedzenu mailovu schranku na www.pobox.sk!