Re: io performance...

Max Waterman wrote:

Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

Max Waterman wrote:

One further question. I get these messages 'in' dmesg :

sda: asking for cache data failed
sda: assuming drive cache: write through

How can I force it to be 'write back'?

Forcing write back is a very bad idea unless you have a battery backed up RAID controller.

We do.

In any case, I wonder what the consequences of assuming 'write through' when the array is configured as 'write back'? Is it just different settings for different caches?

It is. This is something that should be configured in a RAID controller. OS should always be write through.

Jeff

Max.

Jeff

Max.