Re: sata_mv important note

Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:

I'm using:

0000:02:01.0 IDE interface: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. MV88SX6081 8-port SATA II PCI-X Controller (rev 09)

I'm running the stock 2.6.15 kernel & the in-kernel driver.  I have four
disks on this controller.  The controller and disks seem perfectly stable,
I've been running four parallel "badblocks -n" processes (one on each
disk) for almost 5 days now.  Using the disks as PVs in LVM works fine,
and building a RAID-6 out of them also works fine.

But when I build a RAID-6 out of them, and use the array as a PV
for LVM, the system locks up within seconds (no errors, no sysrq,
no CapsLock-blinky, no network-pingy).  This behavior is perfectly
repeatable.

The problem goes away and everything works if I turn on all the debugging
options in the kernel config (but I dont get any debug output from
the kernel).

Arkadiusz, if possible, please see if you can replicate my hang.

I will try and reproduce and fix this issue when my Marvell RAID system
arrives here in a week or two.

Cheers