ktimer not firing ?

Hi,

   I know that ktimer is not yet part of the main tree of the Linux
kernel...

I need an high precision timer in a kernel module for 2.6.14, so I chose to
use ktimers.

My timer must be stopped and reprogrammed very frequently.

This is how I initialize the timer:

struct ktimer mytimer;
ktimer_init(&mytimer);
mytimer.function = myfunction;
mytimer.data = NULL;

This is how I stop the timer:

ktimer_cancel(&mytimer);

This is how I restart the timer:

ktime_t mytime = ktime_set(...,...);
ktimer_start(&mytimer, &mytime, KTIMER_REL)

However, the timer never fires. I checked the return value of the start and
it's correct (0 = success). Any idea of why the timer does not fire ?

I tried also by directly using ktimer_restart instead of ktimer_cancel +
ktimer_start, but the timer does not fire either.
The module has also another ktimer which works perfectly...

Many thanks for your help,

                     Claudio