Re: [2.6.15] screen remains blank after LID switch use

Check out /proc/acpi - you should find a few things that you can tinker with, including one for your screen; often called `lcd'. If you "echo 1 > lcd" in the right directory, it should switch it on. "echo 0 > lcd" switches it off. Whatever is managing your power that turns it off, isn't turning it back on. Look into these. It's not likely to be the console/X driver's fault.

- Arlen.

Jan De Luyck wrote:

(I have no idea who the maintainer for this is, I was unable to find any entry in the MAINTAINERS file.. if i overlooked it, feel free to correct me)

Hello list,

I've recently gotten an Dell D610 laptop from my company. After some digging I managed to get Linux running on it, with kernel 2.6.15 at this moment.

There is something odd going on with the LID switch functionality tho: everytime the LID is closed, the screen goes off, as expected. Unfortunately, the screen does not come back alive afterwards, it remains blank.

Starting X doesn't help, switching consoles doesn't help either. The problem is appareant both in X and the console.

The laptop remains completely functional, except for the display.

Currently I'm not using a fb console, and the X driver is the i810.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jan