PROBLEM: PCI WiFi card works with livecd's but not with HD install with Ali mobo.

I am having problems using a DWL-G510 PCI 802.11g card (Atheros chipset) with
my ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2.  The really strange thing is that it works perfectly
fine with every live-cd I have tried, but always fails from a hd install.

The problem is that, instead of flashing, one of the lights on the card is
held constant, while the other remains off.  This happens with both
ndiswrapper and madwifi.  Both of these drivers work fine without a hitch in
both knoppix and slax.

This seems to be a bug with the driver for the southbridge (ULi M1567) as I
had the card working fine with another mobo (with the same distro.)

Here is my hardware setup:
ASROCK 939Dual-SATA2 (with ULi M1567 southbridge)
AMD64 3000+  (running in 32 bit mode)
ATI Radeon 9200 AGP  (probably not relevent)
DWL-G510 PCI 802.11g
Lite-On DVD Burner (on Primary IDE)
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 80GB (on SATA; possibly problematic?)

I am currently running kernel 2.6.15.  However, I have also tried a number of
other versions, including the -mm tree, and using the kernel and modules from
the Slax livecd.  There wasn't any difference.  pci=routeirq and noacip
doesn't seem to change anything either.

dmesg output (with autoloading ath_pci):
http://pastebin.com/505478

lspci -v output:
http://pastebin.com/505481

Some more observations:
ath_pci (madwifi) loads and unloads without reporting any errors.  However
modprobe ndiswrapper shows the following in dmesg:
http://pastebin.com/505525
modprobe -r ndiswraper segfaults.

I would really appreciate some help here.  Please let me know if there is
anything more I can do.  It seems that using a new/uncommon/weird chipset
like this is almost begging for trouble :D

Thanks for reading,
	Matthew Marshall