Re: Problem getting PCMCIA to compile in Kernel.

On 14 Jan 2006 at 1:40, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:

To:             	[email protected]
From:           	Kalin KOZHUHAROV <[email protected]>
Subject:        	Re: Problem getting PCMCIA to compile in Kernel.
Date sent:      	Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:40:28 +0900

> Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> > I've tried to set the PCMCIA options to Y in the kernel build, but get a
> > message that something else is build as a modual, so these can not be
> > changed to y.
>
> How did you do that?
>
> Use `make menuconfig` to configure kernel.
>
> > I went to the .config file and replaced every =m to =y, and then
> > ran make. The kernel then was built with no problem, but it reset all these
> > option back to =m.
> >
> > CONFIG_PCMCIA_AHA152X=m
> > CONFIG_PCMCIA_FDOMAIN=m
> > CONFIG_PCMCIA_NINJA_SCSI=m
> > CONFIG_PCMCIA_QLOGIC=m
> > CONFIG_PCMCIA_SYM53C500=m
> > CONFIG_I2C_STUB=m
> >
> > I build kernels for G4L, and build everything directly into the kernel, but
> > these do not seem to work, and I don't have an ideal why, since everything
> > else is built in. So what am I missing. This is the 2.6.15 kernel.
>
> If you play with .config directly, run a `make oldconfig` after that.
> So, `make oldconfig && make && make` should always work.
> If you tired that ant it did NOT, please post your .config file (not
> compressed) here, or upload it to a website (somewhere).

I ran the make oldconfig, then make menuconfig, and when I try to change
the settings, it gives this message.

This feature depends on another which has been configured as  a module.
As a result,  this feature will be built as a module.

I had manually edited the .config file, and changed all =m to =y, so there is
nothing in the file that has the module setting but these.

I placed a copy of the .config file at the link below.
http://www.guam.net/home/mikes/bzImagez.config

Only those items with the PCMCIA and I2C_STUB have the =m.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to make a kernel that will suppor the most
hardware, and avoid conflict.

> Kalin.
>
> --
> |[ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ]|