git status (was: drm tree for 2.6.16-rc1)

Linus Torvalds <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Dave Airlie wrote:
> >
> > Hi Linus,
> > 	Can you pull the drm-forlinus branch from
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git
> >
> > This is a pretty major merge over of DRM CVS, and every driver in the DRM
> > is brought up to latest versions....
>
> I'm actually somewhat inclined to not pull any more. We've had lots of
> (hopefully minor) issues for the last few days, and I know that people
> had DRM issues with the -mm tree (which I assume tracked this tree) not
> more than a week or so ago.

iirc that was AGP.  DRM had a few won't-compile problems, now fixed.

So I think we could squeeze DRM in, but yes, it's getting to that time.

> IOW, I want to make sure that my tree is somewhat stable again. I don't
> want -rc1 to be horrible.

Merge status:

Size in bytes			tree
(including changlog)

666832				git-acpi.patch
2534				git-agpgart.patch
98909				git-audit.patch
32930				git-cfq.patch
46766				git-cifs.patch
289519				git-drm.patch
465768				git-infiniband.patch
1045				git-ntfs.patch
9244				git-ocfs2.patch
40442				git-pcmcia.patch
24191				git-sym2.patch
31765				git-watchdog.patch

acpi: A few recent reports of AML-level unaligned accesses in that tree.

audit: we're tracking one oops which seems to be coming out of the audit code

cfq: OK

CIFS: no problems of which I'm aware

DRM: no problems of which I'm aware

infiniband: Roland, you need to resend the pull request asap, please.

ntfs: no problems of which I'm aware

ocfs2: it's a small update

pcmcia: had a problem but I think that's now fixed.  But this seems
        to be fairly fresh code?

sym2: no problems of which I'm aware

watchdog: Wim has been very quiet in recent months.  No problems
          of which I'm aware.