RE: Help with machine check exception

If this is an Opteron, CPU or Memory, a dimm failing in the
correct manner will cause it, and I have seen a CPU cause it,
I don't know that I have seen a MB cause it, and we have fixed
a fair number of these errors.   If it is memory, it can be any
of the dimms on that cpu.

I have seen this error kill a machine on boot up, but it looks
more like something was cleared improperly, and may only affect
much older versions of 2.6, in this case it is not broken hardware,
and rebooting will cause it to not be duplicatable.

                       Roger