Re: why sk98lin driver is not up-to date ?

On 12/01/2006 10:39 p.m., Chase Venters wrote:
On Thursday 12 January 2006 03:09, Eric Belhomme wrote:
So this archive is more recent than sources included in stock kernel, but
older than 2.6.14 kernel, so I wonder why this revision of sk98lin is not
included in kernel ?

Eric,
IIRC, the SysKonnect official GPL driver attempts to support two different chipsets / possibly has other coding issues as well. I think this is the reason SysKonnect's driver is still out of tree. I think some netdev folks might be working on newer drivers, but I haven't been keeping track honestly.

Yes, look at the skge driver in 2.6.15 and the upcoming sky2 in 2.6.16.

I think you'll find those drivers much better than sk98lin and support most if not all of the cards that the sk98lin driver works with. Certainly those two replacement drivers are better maintained.

My understanding is that is that sk98lin is in the process of being deprecated.

reuben